Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Freshening Up

One of the things I like the most about UV Gel polish is the fact you can wear regular polish over it. Three weeks is a long time to wear the same look. If you're anything like me, you need to change it up a little bit, at the very least from week to week.

One of my favorite ways to freshen up a UV Gel polish mani that feels "old" or boring is to use regular polish for nail art OVER your base color. I did just that to freshen up my wedding mani! Here it is on my wedding day.


Here it after a quick stamp with little glitter dot flower centers added. 



One of the most common things I see in my business is young ladies who cannot wear nail art during the week because of job restrictions. However, they come see me Friday afternoon - and I'll add nail art using regular polish for the weekend which they then remove using regular polish remover before going back to work on Monday morning. 

Freshening up your mani doesn't always have to be done to hide wear and tear! Have some fun with it!! 

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, This is absolutely beautiful. I have never tried Gels before. May consider it when going on vaca :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx Rhonda!! They can be expensive but considering they last for weeks instead of days (or hours in some cases), they are well worth the expense!!

      Delete