Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A More Subtle Approach

Good Afternoon! Today's post is a little later than normal because we spent all day yesterday welcoming my mother and father-in-law home after a two month cruise. After a wonderful but exhausting day, I was just too tired last night to remove my Gelish. I have been able to get to it and now I've found the time to post pictures of my efforts.

I decided to keep my gelish simple and just use a simple white. It's great as a background color and also great for putting polishes over. Since St. Patrick's Day is this Saturday, I thought I'd begin showing some St. Patrick's Day themed Nail Art.

Today's Nail Art I thought I would skip the obvious shamrock and go for something more subtle. I happened to have this design on my stamping plate and it always brings to mind "Celtic Knotwork". I thought it would be perfect for this one.


The green and orange are from the Irish Flag and I felt mixed with the knotwork, it would be a more subtle "Ode to Ireland". I'll leave it to you to decide how that worked, I personally like it. 

And one more just because I can and have them today.

Here's a few more in the shade.


So that's about it for today. I'll be doing some more art later today to post during the rest of the week. I wonder if I can find a way to put "Guinness" on my nails? Because what's St. Patrick's Day without Guinness??




2 comments: