Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Year and A Not So New Outlook!!

Yay! The world didn't end, and 2013 is here! I never doubted that it would be but I thought it would be fun to celebrate that fact just because I could.

It's that time of year when we look back and then look forward. Last year was the first time in ages I'd actually made a resolution. My resolution was pretty simple - remember to eat a bunch of times a day. I've always been bad for getting caught up in what I'm doing and forgetting to eat meals. I'd fix meals for the kids and not eat any myself. I'm proud to say that over the last year, I took time to eat when I should. This year, the focus is on making sure I'm eating as good as I want to. Making sure I'm not filling up my daily calorie count with too many carbs and sugar just to make that minimum. My second resolution is to be better about making time to get my work outs in.  This second one will be made somewhat easier by the fact that on my birthday a wonderful dog came into my life, she's everything I could have wanted in a dog.  She'll be relying on me to make those trips to the park to play and do some walks with me. Funny how it is I have this tendency to make time to take care of others but not so much on taking care of myself.  Which brings me to my third and final resolution this year. Make that time for taking care of me!

That's pretty much it as far as the resolutions go. So far, so good. I've downloaded this calorie counter app on my phone and I love it. I can look up nutritional facts about pretty much everything and then decide if it's what I want to eat. Of course it also tracks my exercise too :P

As far as the nails go - I'm still going to continue my quest to keep working on my skill sets and making sum awesome nails! woohoooo!  How has your new year been? Any resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment