Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

14 Days of Love - Day 9

It's Thursday and as I mentioned yesterday, I did lock myself in my workspace all day and work on nail art. Most of that time was spent removing my old Gelish clear coats and applying a whole new manicure. This time I used a color, "Go Girl". I think of this shade as a "Breast Cancer Pink" and it's one of the reasons I like it. Yah, I know - I really do like pink and glitter. I am a not so secret girly girl.

I did the pictures for a guest post in Thalie's blog and today's love manicure is a sneak peak of that post.



I am definitely getting better at the freehand designs. It has helped tremendously to have a larger variety of art brushes to work with. I still have no figured out what in the world I would use those fan brushes for - but I'll either figure it out on my own - or I'll find the info in a tutorial. I have figured out how to do the kissey lips free-hand.  I have a stamp plate design, but I really don't like how it looks on the nail. One of the things I like about having a gel base color is that I can make corrections to any mistakes or just remove it all without having to completely start over from scratch.

That's all for today! I can't believe there's only five day left til Valentine's Day!! This is a short month to begin with, even during a leap year; it sure is going FAST.


4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute mani!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I was really "in the zone" doing this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design on your pinky nail! I am curious about the nail art brushes. I see some at my local discount beauty supply,however,some of them don't look that great,and yet,the store charges like $8-12 bucks for the set,and I just go,no I am not sure it's worth that much for brushes that look all scraggly and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up a set from the born pretty store, I love that store as it has lots of basic nail art supplies at great prices - free shipping everywhere or u can splurge and pay $3 for tracking. I picked up my stamping kit and my brush kit thru them - and I'm sooo happy with everything.

      Here's the link to the nail art brushes.
      http://www.bornprettystore.com/15pc-nail-design-brush-dotting-drawing-p-439.html

      Delete