Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 19 - Galaxy

Today's post is Galaxy Nails. This one was a little awkward and a lot tough for me. My origina concept totally didn't work out... I was less than thrilled with it....it was bad enough that even my fiance asked "Are you sure you want to go with that?". He's a stereo typical guy who knows nothing about nail polish.....and usually doesn't even notice what I've got on my nails. I took that as a sign and that was the end of that. Here's what I did finally come up with......it's completely not fancy or even especially artistic. Most of the thoughts I had on this one, far outstripped my skills.




For this one I used a base layer of OPI's "OPI Ink" and topped that off with a layer of Jade's "Star Lights" (silver glitter). The challenge on this one was getting the glitter distributed across the nail in a fairly even way. Some streakiness was ok, but it couldn't be to obvious that it was brush strokes.

Tomorrow's post - Water Marble! Another one that I found difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment